Monday, July 20, 2015

Top 30 THM Dinners

For my Mom!

Staying on plan with THM can be tricky for me. Typically my family will eat THM meals that I make but often they prefer our normal foods. The hardest part though is not wanting to try a new recipe and have it come out awful. Fortunately I've found a good stash of keepers. But due to costs and difficulty level I don't always share these meals (cauliflower pizza anyone?!)

Even worse than finding yummy foods to eat is that often when dinner time rolls around my mind is blank. "Hmmm. I know I've made yummy THM foods but what were they??" 
I've found it helpful to make a list of my favorite meals and tape it to the inside of a cabinet. Without further ado here's my list. I'll be adding links and hopefully some pictures and recipes as I go.

S - Cheeseburger Pie
S - Joseph's Lavash Pizza
S - Cauliflower crust Pizza
Unstuffed Pepper Casserole
E - Arroz Con Pollo - I'll be adding my own version which has cheese
S - Mongolian Chicken with Dreamfields
E - Baked chicken with cheese, turkey bacon, bbq sauce and quinoa
E - Lentil Soup
S -Tomato Soup
S - Zuppa Toscana w/ cauliflower
E - Morey's marinated Salmon with a sweet potato
S - Beef and Broccoli
S - Pulled pork BBQ in a Joseph's pita
E - Black Bean Burger
S - Grilled Steak with Asparagus
E - Zucchini Fettucine - a family recipe!
S - Zucchini Boats
S - Fettucine Alfredo
S - Spaghetti Squash Carbonara
S - Squashagna
S - Cauliflower Au Gratin
E - Blackened Chicken with Avocado Yogurt Sauce and Quinoa
E - Butter Chicken with Rice or Quinoa
S - Spaghetti with Turkey Meatballs
S - Dreamfields mac and cheese
S - Egg Roll in a Bowl
S - Mexican Chicken Lime Soup
S or E - Chili
S - Chicken Pot Pie
S - Chicken Fried "Rice"

To keep things simple your base carbs are:
1 cup of Nature's Intent Organic Andrean Gold Quinoa (Costco has it cheaper) 33 carbs
1 cup of Trader Joe's Wild Rice 36 carbs
1/3 cup cooked Dreamfields pasta. Back in the day they said you could use this as an S. The company has changed their policy on this but I can get away with a tiny portion and still lose weight. For me that was about 2.5 cooked ounces. Enough to bulk up my meals and provide a little noodle.  YMMV.
Josephs Pitas 5 carbs
Joseph's Lavash 4 carbs in 1/2 a lavash

No comments:

Post a Comment